How to Sign Out of Amazon App
Here I will show you how to log out of Amazon App on android, iPhone, PC, and mobile step by step.
So, let’s get into details now…
Amazon is one of the top names in the corporate world. Nowadays, being an Amazon member is about using the e-commerce platform and listening to music, watching digital media, and much more. Prime Video and Prime Music are some of the applications that Amazon brings for us.
Things to Keep in Mind
The Amazon app is straightforward. However, there are some things that one needs to keep in mind before signing in or signing out of the Amazon application.
- Once you sign into an Amazon app, you will remain signed in until you log out manually.
- If you are using someone else’s device for signing, make sure that you uncheck the “Remember Me” option to disable the device from remembering your login details.
- The sign-out process in Amazon differs depending upon the device that you use.
Reasons to Log Out of the Amazon App
Amazon employees have tried to make things more convenient for us. They did so by ensuring that we don’t need to sign in every time we want to browse for a particular thing.
But there are downsides to such a system such as –
- The most important thing to keep in mind is that if you stay signed in on your Amazon app on a twenty-four-hour basis on a public device, you are not safe from external threats. These threats may include online hackers, viruses, data-leak, and much more. Signing out after usage is the recommended option.
- If you sign in on the Amazon app using someone else’s device, then your account remains signed in until you log out by yourself. Logging out in such cases is mandatory to protect one’s private details and avoid misuse.
- Public computers that are available for use save passwords and other such details by default. Therefore, if you don’t log out of the Amazon app from such devices, anyone could access your account and misuse it.
Now you have reasons to learn how to get out of the amazon app :). Below are the steps you need for it –
How to Sign out of Amazon App on Android or iOS Devices?
Amazon provides the same user interface for Android and iOS devices. Therefore, the steps to log out are the same for both:
Open the Amazon app on your device.
On the top-left side of your screen, tap the three horizontal lines (≡).
From the menu, locate Settings and tap on it.
Tap on the ‘Sign Out’ option.
Amazon will ask for confirmation. Tap Sign Out to confirm and log out of your Amazon mobile app on your android or iOS device.
Steps to Log Out of Amazon App on Mobile Browser
The process of signing out of Amazon from a mobile browser is simpler.
Open your Amazon account (amazon.com/primevideo.com) on any mobile browser.
Locate the three horizontal lines (≡) on the top-left of your screen.
Scroll down until you find the ‘Sign Out’ option and then click on it.
How to Sign Out of Amazon on PC (Windows and Mac)
Logging out of Amazon on PC is different because of its interface, but it’s just as easier.
Open your Amazon account on any browser on your windows PC or Mac.
On the top of your screen, click on the ‘Account and Lists’ option.
In the drop-down menu, find the ‘Sign Out’ option and click on it.
These were all the possible, working ways to sign out of your Amazon app from different devices to ensure that your information is safe.
FAQs Related to Signing Out of Amazon App on Different Devices
Upon changing passwords, Amazon logs out the account from all the devices on which it was signed.
Yes; to do so, click on the Registered Devices option in settings.
Unfortunately, there is no way to keep track of your Amazon login history as of now.
Amazon will alert you if an unregistered or foreign device is trying to log into your account.
No; for example, if you wish to sign out of Prime Video, then you need to do it separately.
Wrapping it up…
In brief, it is always a right practice to sing out of Amazon app after use to avoid any kind of misuse or breach of personal details.