- Provide you with any marketing communication;
Types of personal data collected by us
We comply with data minimization rules and collect only a minimal amount of personal data that is necessary for ensuring your proper use of the Website:
- When you visit the Website, we collect your IP address;
- When you contact us by using the contact form available on the Website, we collect your (i) name, (ii) email, (iii) website (optional), and (iv) any other information that you decide to provide us in your message;
- When you submit a comment under the blog posts, articles, news, and instructions featured on the Website or create a profile on the Website, we collect your (i) name or nickname, (ii) email address, (iii) website (optional), and (iv) any other information that you may decide to provide us.
Sensitive data. We will not collect, under any circumstances, any sensitive data from you, such as your health information, opinion about your religious and political beliefs, racial origins, membership of a professional or trade association, or information about your sexual orientation.
The purpose of personal data
We respect data protection principles and we collect your personal data only for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes. The personal data collected through the Website is used only for:
- Providing you with the services requested by you, answering your questions, and responding to your requests;
- Verifying your contact details;
- Ensuring the proper functioning of the Website;
- Customizing Website’s content based on your location;
- Sending you important notifications about the Website; and
- Audit and security purposes.
Non-personal data collected by us
When you visit the Website, we may collect non-personal data, such as your browser types, operating systems, and URL addresses of websites clicked to and from the Website. We will collect such non-personal data in order to analyze what kind of users visit the Website, how they find it, how long they stay, from which other websites they come to the Website, what pages they look at, and to which other websites they go from the Website.
We WILL NOT send you any direct marketing communication, including newsletters, brochures, and advertisements, or contact you by phone or in any other manner, unless you provide us with your prior explicit consent to receive such marketing communication. Opt-out from marketing communication. In case you have provided us with your explicit consent to receive marketing communication, you can opt-out from receiving it at any time by:
- Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in any of our marketing emails sent to you; or
- Contacting us directly at from here.
Protection of personal data
We employ organizational and technical security measures, such as limited access to your personal data by our staff, secured networks, pseudonymization, and encryption, to protect your personal data. However, please note that, due to the inherent risks of using the Internet, we cannot be liable for any destruction, loss, leakage, and falsification of personal data caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control. We will put reasonable efforts to maintain the security of and to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, and modification of your personal data. We kindly ask you to use only secure networks for communicating with us.
Third party access to personal data
In certain situations, we may disclose your personal data to third parties. Such a disclosure is limited to the situations when your personal data is required for the purposes of (i) provision of the services requested by you, (ii) pursuing our legitimate business interests, (iii) law enforcement purposes, or (iv) if you provide your prior explicit consent. For example, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties that (i) provide services on behalf of us or (ii) provide us with technical support, such as:
- Our newsletter provider MailChimp;
- Our hosting and data storage provider BlueHost;
- Our information logistics providers (e.g., Google Analytics);
- Our advertising partner Taboola, Adsense, Amazon;
- Our push notification provider OneSignal; and
- Other parties who assist us in operating the Website and conducting our business.
Transfer of personal data outside the EEA
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the possibility to exercise the following rights regarding your personal data:
- You can ask us to access, modify, move, or delete your personal data. We may ask you to provide us with an identifying piece of data so that we would be able to identify you in our system;
- You can ask us to object or restrict the processing of your personal data (e.g., stop sending you marketing communication);
- If you have provided us with your explicit consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time;
- If you would like to launch a complaint about the way in which your personal data is handled, please contact us first. After you contact us, we will send you a confirmation that we have received your complaint. Afterward, we will investigate your complaint and provide you with our response within a reasonable timeframe but no later than 2 weeks. If you are a resident of the EU and you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact us. We will answer your request as soon as possible but no later than 2 weeks.
Your personal data will be kept by us only for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which such personal data was collected. When your personal data is no longer necessary, we will delete your personal data immediately, unless we are required by law to retain such personal data.
According to the Terms and Conditions of the Website available at https://www.techtricknews.com/terms/, the Website cannot be accessed and used by persons under the age of 13. However, we cannot distinguish the age of people accessing the Website. If a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal data without obtaining parental or guardian consent in advance, the parent or guardian may contact us and request us to destroy such personal data.