How to Select All Emails in Gmail
It is safe to assume that a large part of our population uses Gmail. The application is bursting with energy, and users exchange electronic mails every minute of the day. As such, if you haven’t logged in to your account for a while, then your inbox might be cluttered with unwanted messages.
But Gmail employees have always tried to make things convenient for the users. As such, they’ve added a feature using which people can select all the EMails in their inbox at once.
This article will guide you to use that feature properly –
What Can You Do with the Selected E-mails?
Before we talk about how to select all emails in Gmail, we should first learn the many functions that we can perform on them after selection:
- Archive: This is a common feature among all social media platforms. You can archive emails to un-clutter your inbox. This feature moves the e-mail from your inbox, but it is still accessible in the All Mails section.
- Report Spam: This comes in handy when you are reporting unwanted messages. Using this feature, you can report all the selected emails as spam.
- Mark as Unread: Using this feature, you will mark the selected emails as unopened.
- Snooze: The snooze option makes emails from your inbox disappear for a fixed period. These messages reappear after a certain amount of time passes.
- Add to Task: Using this feature, you add the selected e-mails to your Google Task.
- Move To: This feature moves the selected e-mails to different folders.
- Label: This feature helps in organizing one’s mails. Using it, you can add labels to your messages such as work, education, and so on.
- Delete: This is the most important feature of all. Using the delete option, you can clear your entire inbox with a single click after selecting all the e-mails. The e-mails will then move to your trash folder, where they’ll stay for 30 days before they disappear completely.
Why is it Important to Delete Mails?
You won’t believe it, but there are several reasons for deleting useless e-mails. Many people use the select all emails in Gmail trick to clear their entire inbox due to the following reasons:
- Computer search speed deteriorates if the system has too many e-mails.
- You compromise your system’s local speed if you have a cluttered inbox and are browsing through it.
- It is just impractical to keep all the e-mails in your inbox. It makes your job difficult, as well.
- E-mails leave a carbon footprint on the world and affect the future of the whole world. A single click of yours can save the whole world on multiple levels.
How to Select All Emails in Gmail: Follow These Steps
As of now, selecting all emails in a single click is a privilege that only PC users enjoy. You cannot do this using a mobile browser or the Gmail app and need to sign in on Gmail’s website from your PC.
Here are the steps you need to follow –
Navigate through your inbox to find the emails that you want to select.
On top of the list of emails, you will see a check box. Click on the box to check the list. This will select all the 50 emails at once that you see on the current page.
On top of the page, you will see the information that displays the number of conversations that you are currently selecting. Next to it, you will see an option to “Select All Conversations.” Click on that option.
Once you do that, you will see a message saying that all the conversations in your primary are selected. Now you can proceed and do what you wanted to do with them.
FAQs Related to Email Selection in Gmail
After you delete any of your mail, it moves to your trash folder. All the deleted e-mails then stay in the trash folder for 30 days, after which they disappear.
Unfortunately, there is no option as of now to select all the emails based on their status or category like “Unread,” “Starred,” and so on.
Deleting useless e-mails is important as they affect your computer speed, your internet browsing speed, and also affect the global climate.
No, using Gmail’s select all e-mails feature, you can select any number of e-mails at once as you want.
Wrapping it up…
In brief, this is how to select all emails in Gmail at once. It will speed up the process of email management and help you to save tones of minutes.