This is your ultimate guide when it comes to know how to change Airpods name.
In this post you will learn, how to rename Airpods on different devices like Mac, Android, and iPhone (7, 7 plus, 8, 8 plus, iPhone 11, 11 pro, X, and XR.)
By default, your Airpods name will display something like this (Your Name’s Airpods).
But the customization of your Apple’s Airpods name is as simple and convenient as the use of this wireless device.
Let’s get started with steps…
Read Also: How to Change (Rename) Your iOS Device Name?
How to Change Airpods Name on iPhone/iPad?
Pairing Airpods with iOS devices like iPhone and iPad is pretty easy as this wireless device use Bluetooth connectivity.
By connecting Airpods with your iOS device you can do many things like listening songs, making calls, etc.
Above all these, the device is very easy to customize including changing the default Airpods name.
Here are the steps to update Airpods name on iPhone to something unique that matches to your unique style –
Note: Below steps will work almost similarly for all iOS devices that support Airpods including iPad, iPad pro, iPhone 7, 7 plus, 8, 8 plus, iPhone 11, 11 pro, X, and XR.
1) Turn on Bluetooth on your iOS device (iPhone/iPad).
2) Wait until your device appear in the My Devices list.
3) Once it appears, click on it to connect Airpods with your iPhone.
4) Now, click on the blue “i” icon showing in the right side of your connected device name.
5) In the next screen, click on the Name option.
6) Enter the name of your choice and click Save.
Done, now whenever you connect your Airpods with iPhone or iPad your new name will appear as your device name.
How to Rename Airpods on Mac?
Frequent use of Airpods with Macbook could a be viable reason to rename Airpods. Unique name will help you to find your device easily among multiple wireless devices showing in the list.
Here are the steps you need to follow to change name of Airpods on Macbook –
1) Tap on the Apple Logo showing in the menu bar and turn on Bluetooth from System Preferences.
2) Now, connect your Airpods with Mac.
3) Right click on your Airpods name.
4) Choose Rename option.
5) Edit the existing name to something new you are thinking of.
That’s it, these were the steps you can follow to learn how to change Airpods name on Mac.
How to Customize Airpods Name on Android?
Customizing Airpods name on Android device is pretty easy.
Follow the steps below –
1) Go to your Android phone’s setting and tap on Bluetooth option.
2) Turn on Bluetooth and pair Airpods with your device.
3) Now, click on the Settings Icon showing right side of your Airpods name. It will help you to get in device setting menu.
4) Tap on Pencil Icon to enable editing.
5) Now, type in the new name and click on Rename.
Voila! You have successfully renamed your Airpods name on android phone.
Note: No matter what method you use to change Airpods name, your last updated name will show when you try to connect Airpods with other devices.
Wrapping it Up
When you are used to connect different wireless devices with your iPhone, Macbook, or Android phone, changing name of your Airpods will help you to recognize your device easily.
So, this is all about how to change Airpods name.
Give it a try and customize your device name to something interesting instead of Apple’s default name.