In this guide, I will let you know how to change iOS device name step by step.
Well, for some you can choose the name from the device itself and for some you need to connect your device to your PC.
Each iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPod classic, nano, or shuffle) comes with a default name.
When you connect your device wirelessly to Airdrop, Bluetooth or hotspot, the default name will show as an identity of your device.
Fortunately, you can change the name of your iOS device.
For iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, you can update the name from the device itself.
On the contrary, for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod shuffle you need to connect your device with your computer to rename it.
Now, let’s understand how to do it.
How to Change the Name of iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch?
Well, it’s pretty easy and straightforward when it comes to rename iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
That’s because you can do it from your device itself.
Here’s how you can do it –
1) First, go to Settings>General>About. In the next screen, you can see the current name of your device.
2) In the next screen, tap on the Name option showing in the first line.
3) Edit the name and you’re done.
So, this is how you can change iPhone name and other iOS devices like iPad and iPod touch.
How to Edit Name of iPod Classic, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle?
Well, for these devices you need to pair your iPod with the computer.
Here’s how you can do this –
1) First, connect your device with your PC.
2) If you are using windows PC or macOS Mojave 10.14 or older version then open iTunes. If you are using Mac with Catalina 10.15 then open Finder.
3) Wait for a moment to locate your device on the computer.
4) Look for your device name and click on it.
5) Edit it with the name you want and return back.
Hope this quick guide on how to change iOS device name will help you to set your favorite name on iPhone and other likewise devices.