Table of Contents
For online tutors, trainers, and instructors, the idea of an online education platform is great news. But the struggle of finding the best one is real.
Today, the online education market is worth over $30 billion since dozens of students opt to pursue their degrees and courses either wholly or partly online. This statistic figure increased with the rise of COVID-19 when most universities made their classes digital.
An undeniable piece of evidence is the rising number of students and other people becoming interested in e-learning either to acquire a new skill or tutor online.
Luckily, numerous online spaces provide millions of courses and offer countless opportunities to create services, including online writing services.
College students can easily receive an mba assignment help at Edubirdie from e-learning services. The pandemic advanced this further when it became impossible for learners and tutors to be in the same space. Some people are still warming up to it, but it is clear the future is online.
From Skillshare to Coursera, these spaces tend to be more flexible, and they even provide specific classes compared to a traditional college. However, students and teachers need to compare various options and find what suits them best.
What are Some of the Best Virtual Learning Platforms?
Here is the ultimate list of some of the most popular virtual learning platforms –
Whether you want to teach or learn new skills, these are the best platforms with accessible learning resources, among others.
Benefits of Online Education Platforms
Since the beginning of 2020, teachers have worked patiently and tirelessly to ensure all students continue their studies without significant disruptions. Despite the challenges faced, their work ensured that these platforms provided the best ways to keep students engaged.
As students and teachers continue to embrace online study, these virtual spaces help them –
- Have a realistic and effective traditional study experience
- Continue with their studies without disruption and receive effective feedback from teachers
- Learn in a safe and comfortable environment in compliance with schools’ privacy policies
- Have more time for homework and other activities instead of commuting to school
What Courses are Available on these Online Platforms?
As already stated, there are countless online educational platforms for students with dozens of courses for all students. Some of these online courses include –
- Education and Development
- History and Arts
- Nutrition and Wellbeing
- Critical Thinking
- Money and Business
- Science, Math, and Technology
- Society, Politics, and Law
- Nature and Environment
Advantages of Virtual Learning
Transitioning from traditional learning can be scary. Students face the fears of missing out, teachers deal with lack of discipline, and the general doubt of whether it will pay off can be challenging. Going to college or taking an in-real-life learning path might seem like a solid, more trustworthy option.
Regardless, don’t be hasty in putting e-learning off and weigh the advantages of these platforms first:
- Virtual platforms offer flexibility and accessibility for all students with stable internet access
- These platforms have an extensive selection of courses and learning programs catered to different students’ interests
- Most e-learning resources are less expensive than traditional education, making online education more affordable
- Virtual classes are time-efficient and cost-effective
- With no fixed schedules, students learn to be disciplined and take charge of their lives and decisions more accurately
Disadvantages of Online Learning
But what happens when online learning platforms do not meet the critical education needs? It’s crucial to point out the caveats associated with online learning:
- Students may lose interest in learning activities such as completing homework assignments
- Lack of social interaction between students and their friends can be a challenge
- It may lead to unwanted behaviors and a reduced level of discipline
- Technological limitations and challenges, especially for students from some parts of the country
- Unavoidable internet connection problems can prevent or disrupt learning
- Some platforms allow only a limited number of students to join
Each platform has its features. Therefore, before choosing one, consider the advantages and disadvantages of each platform and how they may influence the learning experience.
Whether you are seeking to add new skills or just want to explore e-learning courses for fun, online learning platforms offer the best resources for learning that fit your schedule.
When the global pandemic forced teachers and education instructors to change the way they conducted and delivered lessons, online learning platforms became the best solution for administering lessons.
There are millions of platforms to make learning enjoyable for all school years since students learn from the safety and comfort of their homes. Each is designed with unique advantages, and like everything else, they also have limitations that should be considered.