Skype Push to Talk
Here, I will explain how to enable Skype Push to Talk or Toggle Mute mode and disable it while not speaking on Skype call, using Windows and Mac PC.
Besides, I will also discuss the benefits of using this Skype feature for individuals and businesses.
Skype Push to Talk or Toggle Mute Keyboard Shortcut
To enable push-to-talk mode on Skype using Windows PC, press Ctrl+M. On Mac computer, press Ctrl+Option+Command+↑Up.
Here are a few more Skype Shortcuts you can learn to enhance your Skype user experience.
What is Skype Push to Talk?
Skype Push to Talk or Toggle Mute is a helpful feature that allows users to mute and unmute the microphone during skype conference calls or gaming. It helps to prevent unnecessary disturbances during a Skype call.
This feature is available for both Windows and Mac users.
With 40 million and above daily active users, Skype is one of the most used applications for chatting, audio group calls, and video calls.
Since it is launched in 2003, Microsoft has polished Skype a lot by integrating advanced features like push-to-talk or toggle mute. The company has changed the look and feel even better than the previous versions of Skype.
Above all these, during the COVID-19 pandemic, almost all businesses and people are forced to work from home. It results in increased use of Skype as a virtual communication tool. And this is why knowing the use of push to talk feature on skype and other advanced features will enhance your Skype user experience.
Now, let’s check out how to enable Push to Talk on Skype using Windows and Mac computers.
Steps to Enable Push to Talk on Skype New Version (Windows PC)
Although the Push to Talk feature comes turned on by default in Skype, but if it is not working, then follow the below steps to turn on Toggle Mute (Skype Push to Talk) mode on Windows PC –
Note: For this tutorial, I am using Skype Version: 126.96.36.199. If you are using an older version, then update the app to the new version available.
- Open Skype in your computer
- Click on three vertical dots (···) showing in the top left side
- Go to Settings
- Select General
- Turn On Enable Global Hotkeys option if it is disabled
It will enable all the Global Skype features, including Push to Talk (Toggle Mute).
Now, you can try Toggle Mute keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+M) to turn on Skype Push to Talk mode.
How to Turn on Push to Talk on Mac?
In Mac, you don’t need to enable Push to Talk feature by going into the Skype settings. Instead, press Ctrl+Option+Command+↑Up.
You need to press this combination every time you want to switch in Push to Talk mode.
Benefits for Individual Users
- Ability to connect with multiple users at the same time – With just the push of a button on a mobile, one can communicate with a large group of people. There can be up to 249 users in a single channel.
- Cost control – The push to talk on skype, helps to reduce call cost because of its feature of being connected to multiple people at the same time.
- Better call management – All the important contacts can be stored in similar groups so that workers/employees can contact at the same time and time to communicate is drastically reduced.
- Increase safety and convenience – Instead of using heavy machinery its hands free functionality simplify the calls.
- The Flexibility to use virtually any device – It can be used on almost all devices for the purpose of communication.
Advantages for Business
- Cut down on phone calls – Even a short phone call is a big waste of time. So in this modern era where science knows no boundaries, one doesn’t need to waste their time. They just need to press a key and talk.
- Easy group coordination – One can quickly set up a group chat and send reminders or last-minute updates directly to their team via push to talk on skype.
- Manage employees across geographic locations – It will efficiently handle communication between people who are in different time zones or spread out geographically.
- Determine an employees’ location – If any member of a team or a group is constantly on the move, one can make sure that the employees are at the right place and on – time.
- Built-in management tools to prioritize talkers and organize contacts for better reference.
- Callers who run in late or need to step out may join or rejoin conferences with just the push of a button
Wrapping it up…
In brief, this was all about Skype Push to Talk and how to enable and disable it.
Skype is one of the fastest-growing platforms for communications and it is time now to go to the next level of communication. So say goodbye to the traditional communication methods and say hello to new skype features.